Nationally accredited ADCES diabetes education program
There is a wealth of information and misinformation about diabetes available. We understand that diabetes management can be incredibly overwhelming. Let us support you! The Saluté Nutrition team is made up of experienced Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN), Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (CDCES), and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) specializing in diabetes care. Research shows that working with a Registered Dietitian to receive medical nutrition therapy (MNT) is a cost-effective intervention for diabetes management and education. We provide individualized nutrition counseling and diabetes management (medication and lifestyle) to support YOU in effectively managing your diabetes!
Whether you’ve had diabetes for years or recently diagnosed, the Saluté Nutrition Team is committed to providing you with the knowledge, tools, skills, and support needed to live a vibrant and full life. Not only can we assist patients with managing diabetes through nutrition and lifestyle, but also with diabetes-related medications and technology such as glucose meters, continuous glucose monitors (CGMs), and insulin pumps. We are certified on all FDA-approved diabetes products. Our team can help you access and learn from your data through Carelink, Clarity, Glooko, Tidepool, etc. Finally, we can review that data with you, help you make sense of it, and communicate appropriate recommendations to you and your entire health care team.
The Saluté Nutrition Team also offers a nationally recognized Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT) Group Classes! Our diabetes education program is an ADCES-accredited standard of care for patients with Type 2 Diabetes. It is also covered by all insurance plans in Washington state. We will work with you to verify your insurance coverage.
Overview of our Diabetes Self-Management Training Classes:
- Relaxed but informative facilitated education and peer support group (NOT a traditional “taught-at-you” diabetes class)
- Virtual classes (in-person offerings currently on hold)
- Duration: 3 weeks, each 2 hours/week
- Topics covered: overview of Type 2 Diabetes; blood glucose checking/monitoring and management; food and activity; medications used in diabetes management; healthy coping mechanisms to deal with complexities related to diabetes.
- Facilitated by a certified DSMT staff and Registered Dietitian
Who can participate in this program?
- Anyone with Type 2 Diabetes, regardless of how long you’ve been diagnosed AND
- Anyone seeking supportive and effective diabetes education in a small group (3+) setting, even if you have received diabetes education in the past and/or are currently receiving one-on-one diabetes support
Diabetes Counseling and Education:
- All forms of diabetes, type 1, type 2, Gestational diabetes
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring – Professional & Personal
- Insulin/Medication initiation and adjustment
- Insulin delivery device training – pens/smart pens/insulin pumps/patch pumps
- Accredited Diabetes Education Program with Washington State Department of Health
- National Accredited Diabetes Education Program with Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
Do you have any questions?
Phone: (425) 285-5877 – Leave a Message
Fax: (425) 977-0227