Diabetes Self-Management Training
Nationally accredited ADCES diabetes training program
There is a wealth of information and misinformation about diabetes available. We understand that diabetes management can be incredibly overwhelming. Let us support you! The Saluté Nutrition team is made up of experienced Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN), Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (CDCES), and Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) specializing in diabetes care.
The Saluté Nutrition Team offers nationally recognized Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT) Group Classes! Our diabetes education program is an ADCES-accredited standard of care for patients with Type 2 Diabetes. It is also covered by all insurance plans in Washington state. We will work with you to verify your insurance coverage.
Overview of our Diabetes Self-Management Training Classes:
- Relaxed but informative facilitated education and peer support group (NOT a traditional “taught-at-you” diabetes class)
- Virtual classes (in-person offerings currently on hold)
- Duration: 3 weeks, each 2 hours/week
- Topics covered: an overview of Type 2 Diabetes; blood glucose checking/monitoring and management; food and activity; medications used in diabetes management; healthy coping mechanisms to deal with complexities related to diabetes.
- Facilitated by a certified DSMT staff and Registered Dietitian
Who can participate in this program?
- Anyone with Type 2 Diabetes, regardless of how long you’ve been diagnosed AND
- Anyone seeking supportive and effective diabetes education in a small group (3+) setting, even if you have received diabetes education in the past and/or are currently receiving one-on-one diabetes support
We provide individualized nutrition counseling and diabetes management (medication and lifestyle) to support YOU in effectively managing your diabetes!
- All forms of diabetes, type 1, type 2, Gestational diabetes
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring – Professional & Personal
- Insulin/Medication initiation and adjustment
- Insulin delivery device training – pens/smart pens/insulin pumps/patch pumps
- Accredited Diabetes Education Program with Washington State Department of Health
- National Accredited Diabetes Education Program with Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists
Diabetes Counseling and Education:
Do you have any questions?
Phone: (425) 285-5877 – Leave a Message
Fax: (425) 977-0227