The Dexcom G6, which is designed for people with diabetes aged 2 and up, is the most recent continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system, offering glucose readings every 5 minutes to individuals with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Glucose readings from the Dexcom CGM system are sent to a smart device or the Dexcom receiver.
The system is factory-calibrated, which eliminates the need for fingerstick calibrations. The Dexcom G6 is made up of three parts:
- A sensor;
- A transmitter;
- A display device (receiver and/or compatible smart device).
FreeStyle Libre Pro is a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) system that consists of two parts:
- The FreeStyle Libre sensor
- The sensor, which can be worn for up to 14 days, uses a very thin filament inserted just beneath the skin to record glucose levels every 15 minutes and provide more insightful patterns. Because of its resistance to water, individuals can wear it in the shower, in the pool, while working out, etc.
- The FreeStyle Libre Pro reader
- Individuals can scan through their clothing, and each scan of the reader over the sensor displays the current glucose level. The reader displays the last 8 hours of data as well as a trend arrow indicating whether glucose is rising, falling, or remaining stable. The reader provides individuals with a 24-hour glucose snapshot.
There are no reviews yet.